How to play LUCKY5
Lucky5 is a very exciting and dynamic mini lottery, where players have several chances to win.
- When playing Lucky5, a player has to select five numbers from the field of numbers 1 to 26; Five winning numbers are then selected during the live draw and players win by correctly matching all 5, any 4 or any 3 of the winning numbers;
- Effective October 4, 2010 the top tier (Match 5) prize for Lucky5 is guaranteed at $800,000 and is pari-mutuel. All other prizes are pari-mutuel based on the percentage of sales allocated to the tier level.
- Draws are seven days a week from Sunday to Saturday, and are held live on Television Jamaica and on IRIE FM radio at 8:25 pm;
- The minimum wager per ticket is $30;
- There is no one way to select numbers. Players can win by matching 5 numbers in any order
- A player can place a wager on several different five number selections for one draw if he or she chooses;
- Players must be 18 years or older
THEORETHICAL ODDS ($30 PER WAGER)
Match 5: 65,780:1
Match 4: 626.48:1
Match 3: 31.32:1
What is a System bet?
With a System Bet the on-line terminal or “system” generates all possible combinations of the numbers selected by the player. The player wins when their selected numbers match the system-generated numbers.
What is a System 7 bet?
A System 7 bet allows the player to select seven (7) numbers. There are twenty-one (21) possible combinations of these seven numbers that will be generated by the system.Lucky 5 System 7
- Players will choose 7 numbers between 1 and 26.
- The System will generate all 21 combinations of those numbers.
- The player wins by matching 5, 4, or 3 of their selected numbers to the numbers drawn.
Because there are 21 combinations, in essence, the player will be purchasing 21 Lucky5 tickets. As a result, the cost of a System 7 ticket/bet will be $630 (21 x $30).